The FAIRTIQ app invoices and charges journeys later than the travel date. Let us tell you everything you need to know to avoid confusion.
- FAIRTIQ never charges your means of payment on the day of your journey(s). It is to ensure that the best available daily price is reached.
- Once completed, your FAIRTIQ journey appears on your pending invoice. At this stage, no money is charged to your means of payment.
- The pending invoice is settled only at a later stage, when it reaches a certain amount, or otherwise at the end of the month.
- Once your invoice is settled, you receive an e-mail confirmation. For days without settlement, you receive a travel summary.
You can easily keep track of your public transport spendings at any point in time by either looking at your e-mails or by checking directly in the FAIRTIQ app:
Go to Menu "≡" > History to find an overview of all your past and current journeys, payments and credits, and click on the payments tab to easily compare your FAIRTIQ account to your credit card statement.
If you have added an e-mail address to FAIRTIQ, and have activated the option (under "menu ≡ > settings > receipts and summaries"), you receive the following via e-mail:
- A daily travel summary, and/or
- The invoice, as soon as it settled.