To use FAIRTIQ, make sure you comply with the following requirements
You own a smartphone with iOS 11.0 (or newer) or Android 5.0 (or newer).
You have a functioning SIM-card which allows mobile data (FAIRTIQ uses approximately 1MB per hour).
You have a valid means of payment.
- Switzerland: Credit card (VISA or Mastercard), PostFinance Card, Twint oder Reka.
- Germany: Credit card (VISA or Mastercard), PayPal*, SEPA (only Halle and Dresden)
- Austria: Credit card (VISA or Mastercard), PayPal.
*In Lörrach, Paypal can not yet be used as a means of payment.
Some Android smartphones have an aggressive energy-saving mode which prevents using from getting the necessary data. Make sure to deactivate it when using FAIRTIQ. Try these tips when travelling with FAIRTIQ with a Android phone:
- Be sure to add FAIRTIQ as a 'protected app' in your phone's settings and disable or ignore any energy optimizations or battery saving modes. We explain how to do it on the following link.
- The usage of a personal hotspot might block access to GPS data. It is useful to open manually the FAIRTIQ app during the journey.
- Finally, check that you're running the latest updates of both the FAIRTIQ app and your Android device.
- On Android, FAIRTIQ uses Google Location Services. Therefore, the recent Huawei phones are unfortunately not compatible with FAIRTIQ (P40, Mate 30).
FAIRTIQ is not compatible with Windows Phones.
FAIRTIQ does not support jailbroken or rooted devices.