If you are unable to check-in using FAIRTIQ app before starting you journey, you need to purchase a valid ticket using e.g. a ticket vending machine.
Please note that if FAIRTIQ has not been activated before the departure, you DO NOT OWN a valid ticket.
If you cannot check-in, we recommend you to try the following procedure:
- check if the GPS data is accurate on Maps/Google Maps
- check if your internet data are working on Safari/Chrome
- completely close FAIRTIQ
- Open the app and try again.
- You might have been automatically connected to a public WIFI that requires authentification (e.g. SBB-FREE, PostAuto). The fastest workaround is to deactivate WIFI.
- The GPS data might be weak in underground stations (for example Zurich Airport). In this case, we recommend you to check-in before entering the station.
- You might have a VPN client active (e.g. "My Data Manager") which prevents you from using FAIRTIQ. Please make sure that your VPN client allows FAIRTIQ or otherwise deactivate it.