FAIRTIQ automatically optimizes the price of your journeys according to the regulations. For example, if you are travelling within a tariff community:
- If the total of your individual trips is higher than the price of the day pass, FAIRTIQ will bill the day pass.
- If you make two trips within 90 minutes in the same zone, you normally buy two short distance tickets (2 x 2.00) or single tickets (2 x 2.80). However, it is cheaper if you buy a 3-zone ticket for 3.60, as this is valid for 90 minutes (price example from the tariff community Libero).
FAIRTIQ bills the best price automatically thanks to the best price function, without you having to think about which is the right ticket for your trips. After each trip we check whether there is a cheaper ticket combination (among all the "classical" tickets available) and the price of your trip will be adjusted accordingly. In summary, by using FAIRTIQ, you will pay the same or less than the normal price for the travelled journey.
Let's take an example (in Switzerland)... You travel from Zurich Enge to Zurich, you are charged CHF 3.10.
- If you travel within the same hour, the price of the trip will be CHF 0.00, as it will be covered by the amount already paid.
- If you travel again in the same zone within 2 hours, the fare will be CHF 1.30, as this is the difference between the price of the 1-hour ticket and the price of the 2-hour ticket.
- If you reach the price of the day pass, then you will not be charged anything extra.