To correctly record your journey, FAIRTIQ needs access to your GPS data. With the newest updates of Android, there are many mechanism that stop FAIRTIQ from getting location data. For that reason, it is impossible for us to track some journeys and therefore close them.
To correctly location you, your phone also uses WIFI and Bluetooth technology. It is therefore useful to keep these technologies activated during your journeys (they do not need to be connected).
If you had a GPS issue, please follow the following steps before your next FAIRTIQ journey:
- Be sure FAIRTIQ is allowed to use your location. Settings > Apps > FAIRTIQ > Permissions > Toggle Location ON. Be sure that you've allowed FAIRTIQ to use GPS in the background.
- Disable any battery saver settings. Including Power Saving Mode, Battery Management or any third party apps. Please see below for more information on your specific device.
- HTC: Access your phone settings > battery > power saving mode > battery optimization > select FAIRTIQ > don't optimize > save.
- Huawei: Turn Energy Settings to Normal and add FAIRTIQ to "Protected Apps"
- LG If you're running Android 6 or higher: Settings > battery & power saving > battery usage > ignore optimizations > turn ON for FAIRTIQ.
- Motorola If you're running Android 6 or higher: Battery > select the menu in the upper right-hand corner > battery optimization > not optimized > all apps > select FAIRTIQ > don't optimize.
- OnePlus (using OxygenOS Settings): Battery > battery optimization > switch to 'all apps' > select FAIRTIQ > don't optimize.
- Samsung: Access battery settings > app power saving > details > FAIRTIQ > disabled
- Sony If you're running Android 6 or higher: Battery > from the menu in the upper right-hand corner > battery optimization > apps > FAIRTIQ.
- Xiaomi (MIUI OS) If you're running Android 6 or higher: Access your phone settings > additional settings > battery and performance > manage battery usage > apps > FAIRTIQ.
- Check that your location settings are set to High accuracy. Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > Set to High Accuracy.
- Perform an "AGPS reset": Install the App GPS Status & Toolbox, then in that app, go to Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS State > Reset.
Finally, please note that closing the app right after the end your journey might impact the price paid, if FAIRTIQ did not have enough time to correctly locate you.