To correctly record your journey, FAIRTIQ needs access to your GPS data. The newest Android updates included many mechanisms that stop FAIRTIQ from getting location data. For that reason, it is impossible for us to track and close some journeys.
If you had a GPS issue, please follow these steps before your next FAIRTIQ journey:
- Be sure FAIRTIQ is allowed to use your location. Settings > Apps > FAIRTIQ > Permissions > Toggle Location ON. Be sure that you've allowed FAIRTIQ to use GPS in the background.
- Disable any battery saving settings. Including Power Saving Mode, Battery Management or any third party apps. Please see below for more information on your specific device.
- HTC: Settings > Power > Battery optimization > Not optimized > All apps > FAIRTIQ > Don't optimize > Done.
- Huawei: There are two different settings to adapt
a. Turn Energy Settings to Normal and add FAIRTIQ to “Protected Apps.”
b. Settings > Search "Battery Optimisation" > Click on the dropdown, select "All apps" > FAIRTIQ > Don't allow.
- LG: Settings > Battery & power saving > Battery usage > Ignore optimizations > turn ON for FAIRTIQ.
- Motorola: Settings > Battery > select the menu in the upper right-hand corner > Battery optimization > Not optimized > All Apps > FAIRTIQ > Don't Optimize.
- OnePlus (using OxygenOS Settings): Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > select menu at the top > switch to All apps list > FAIRTIQ > Don't optimize.
- Samsung: Settings > Apps > select the menu in the upper right-hand corner > Special access > Optimize battery usage > All apps > Toggle OFF for FAIRTIQ.
- Sony: Settings > Battery > select the menu in the upper right-hand corner > Battery optimization > Apps > FAIRTIQ.
- Xiaomi (MIUI OS): There are two different settings to adapt
a. Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & performance > Manage apps battery usage > apps > FAIRTIQ.
b. Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > ensure you are using High Accuracy for Location Mode and allowing location access.
- Check that your location settings are set to High accuracy. Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > Set to High Accuracy.
- Perform an "AGPS reset": Install the App GPS Status & Toolbox, then in that app, go to Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS State > Reset.
Finally, please note that closing the app right after the end your journey might impact the price if FAIRTIQ did not have enough time to correctly locate you.