FAIRTIQ is constantly expanding internationally. As a result, sometimes several FAIRTIQ regions overlap and it is possible to travel in different regions from the same station.
For example, from Basel SBB you can travel in Switzerland but also towards Germany with FAIRTIQ.
Here is an overview of all overlapping regions:
- Switzerland and Vorarlberg (VVV)
- Switzerland and Regio Verkehrsverbund Lörrach (RVL)
- Regio Verkehrsverbund Lörrach (Germany) and Regio Verkehrsverbund Freiburg (Germany)
- Occitania (France) and Nouvelle-Aquitaine (France).
To start your trip in the right region is important to have a valid ticket and be charged in the right currency (CHF or EUR).
To avoid travelling in the wrong region, check that the region appearing under the station of departure is the right one. If needed, press the "change" button to select the right region and the right station of departure.
Travel in between two FAIRTIQ regions
If you wish to travel from one region to another,
- stop your trip at a border station which is located in both regions and
- start it again, making sure that you have switched to the new region.
- Please note that in the following regions, several tickets are valid: In Liechtenstein, both VVV and Swiss tickets are valid.
More information about travels between Lörrach and Basel.
When travelling in overlapping regions, please make sure that:
- You have activated the data connection of your smartphone for starting/stopping your trip. Note that roaming costs may apply when using FAIRTIQ in regions outside of your mobile data contract.
- The FAIRTIQ perimeter of validity covers the entire trip: What happens if I leave the perimeter of validity of FAIRTIQ?
- A valid means of payment is entered for each region that is travelled. For further information, please read What requirements must be met to use FAIRTIQ?