With FAIRTIQ it is (partially) possible to travel in adjoining regions which are supported by FAIRTIQ.
The following connections are possible:
- From Switzerland to Vorarlberg
- From Vorarlberg to Switzerland
What needs to be done?
You will need to change the region before crossing the border. It means that you need to check-out, change region and then check-in again.
Where is that necessary?
- Traveling by train:
- St. Margrethen (CH)
- Buchs SG (CH)
- Traveling by bus:
- Feldkirch (AT)
- Diepoldsau (CH)
- Widnau (CH)
Additional points need to be checked for travels in adjoining regions:
- Please ensure that you have mobile data active on your phone for Check-in / Check-out. Please take into account that roaming costs might apply if you use your phone outside of the Standard-Data contract.
- The area of validity of FAIRTIQ has to cover the whole trip: What happens if I leave the perimeter of validity of FAIRTIQ
- A valid means of payment has to be added for each region you travel in. Further infos are available on this link: What requirements must be met to use FAIRTIQ?