If you use FAIRTIQ for all trips of the day, you benefit from the best available price. 🤩
But what does this mean?
For your first trip on a day, FAIRTIQ sells you the normal ticket for the respective connection. If you make other trips on this day, FAIRTIQ either sells you an additional ticket or replaces the ticket charged for the first trip with a new one covering both trips. Thus, FAIRTIQ can convert single tickets to tickets with a longer validity (i.e. 60 minutes, 120 minutes, day ticket). In some regions even weekly or monthly tickets are available. To find out more, you can choose your region in the help center.
In the FAIRTIQ app, under Menu ≡ → history → journeys, you'll always see two prices:
- the standard price, this means the normal price of the trip you did.
- the charged price, this means the price that FAIRTIQ charged.
Thanks to the best price function, FAIRTIQ automatically bills the best price without you having to think about the right ticket for your trip. 😄
Let's take an example for better understanding:
- Journey 1: You travel for 25 minutes within the city. FAIRTIQ charges you CHF 3.10.
- Journey 2: An hour later, you travel back. As you overpassed the duration of validity of the original ticket, FAIRTIQ charges you CHF 1.30: the price difference to the ticket which is valid longer.
- Further journeys: If you keep on travelling and reach the price of a day pass, FAIRTIQ will cap it and won't charge you more.
In summary, by using FAIRTIQ, you will pay the same or less than the normal ticket price for the travelled trip.
Particularities of the best price:
- FAIRTIQ does not take into account some special offers (e.g. supersaver tickets, local tariffs).
- Rarely, certain ticket combinations cannot be sold by FAIRTIQ, as it does not comply with the national tariff regulations.
- In some regions in Germany, FAIRTIQ applies the beeline tariff, which differs from the usual ticket price. For example, in Karlsruhe, the best price only applies within the provided beeline tariff (it does'nt consider other existing pricing structures).
- In some regions in Germany, FAIRTIQ is able to sell the best price on a weekly or monthly basis.