If you can't start a trip, we recommend to try the following procedure:
- Check if the location data is accurate on Maps/Google Maps.
- Check if your internet data are working on Safari/Chrome.
- Completely close FAIRTIQ (Click the home button and close FAIRTIQ by sliding to the top).
- Open the app and try again.
Have you ensured that your phone complies with FAIRTIQ's app usage requirements available on this page: Using FAIRTIQ: Requirements?
Network issue or unsuccessful start of a trip
Your phone does not have access to the internet. Some reasons are:
- (Frequent on iPhone in train stations:) Your phone might have connected to a public WIFI network that requires authentification (e.g. SBB-FREE, PostAuto). The fastest workaround is to deactivate WIFI or to select "forget this network".
- FAIRTIQ doesn't have access to mobile data.
- You currently have no data coverage.
To solve the issue, try to switch from Wifi to Mobile Data (and vice-versa).
No stations nearby / searching for stations / high accuracy
Your phone is restricting FAIRTIQ' access to your location. Some reasons are:
- Location is off or hidden. Make sure that access to your location is active and was granted to FAIRTIQ "always".
- On iPhone, you need to ensure that your phone's clock is set automatically by the system, as FAIRTIQ doesn't support delayed data.
- On Android, please refer to solving location issue on Android.
If it remains impossible to start a trip, please contact us via the app.
However, be careful: You are responsible to make sure that the trip has correctly been started before boarding the vehicle. If FAIRTIQ has not been correctly activated, you DO NOT OWN a valid ticket & must acquire a ticket via alternative channels.