Are you having trouble starting FAIRTIQ? This guide will help you fix any problems so you can start your journey smoothly.
If you're finding it hard to get FAIRTIQ going, don't worry. Just follow these simple steps to get started:
- Wait for 10-15 seconds: Give FAIRTIQ a bit of time to find the nearest station. It might take a moment.
- Check Your Location: Make sure your location on Maps or Google Maps is correct. FAIRTIQ needs to know where you are to start your trip.
- Make Sure You're Connected to the Internet: Make sure you can browse the internet using Safari or Chrome. FAIRTIQ needs the internet to work properly.
- Close and Reopen FAIRTIQ: If you're still having trouble, close FAIRTIQ completely. You can do this by pressing the home button and swiping FAIRTIQ up. Then, open the app again and try starting your trip.
- Check Your Phone's Compatibility: Make sure your phone meets the requirements for using FAIRTIQ. You can find these requirements on the Using FAIRTIQ: Requirements page.
In short, there are 2 typical problems that our user face with FAIRTIQ. Here are further help to solve them:
- Turn off WIFI, as some public Wi-Fi networks do not provide internet unless you login (e.g. free wifi at the train station or in the bus).
- Make sure FAIRTIQ can use your mobile data.
- Generally, it is good practice to try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Make sure your phone's location services are turned on.
- On iPhones, check if your phone's time updates automatically.
- If you're using an Android phone, follow the specific instructions for fixing location issues.
Remember, it's up to you to make sure your trip is started correctly before getting on board. If FAIRTIQ isn't working, you'll need to get a ticket another way.
We hope these steps help you solve any problems you're having. Thanks for using FAIRTIQ!