Don’t worry, FAIRTIQ uses personal data exclusively for detecting your journeys and finding the right tickets. We do not sell your personal data.
What Permission settings should I enable on Android?
This answer is exclusively for Android users. For iPhone/iOS users, please refer to this page.
- Location preferences: Set to “Allow all the time” to make sure FAIRTIQ can track your location and detect the right journey while you are using another app (so-called “background data”). If this option does not exist, "Allowed only while in use" is sufficient. This depends on the Android version.
- Physical activity: Set to “Allow”, so that FAIRTIQ can detect footsteps and remind you to check-out when you have reached your destination.
- Notifications: Allow notifications, so that FAIRTIQ can send you check-out reminders as well as price summary of your journey.
- Mobile data: Set to On, so that your mobile phone can communicate with FAIRTIQ during the journey, to guarantee a valid ticket. While travelling, FAIRTIQ typically uses 1MB of data per hour.
- Battery Saving Mode: Deactivate it when you travel with FAIRTIQ, as it stops access to your locations data... Especially if you are using a Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus or Oppo.
The easiest way to make sure all these permissions are enabled is to re-install the FAIRTIQ app and authorise all accesses.
So, when does FAIRTIQ access my location?
FAIRTIQ only tracks your data when the app is open or when a journey is ongoing.
- FAIRTIQ starts accessing your location when you open the app.
- FAIRTIQ stops accessing your location when the journey is finalized: 5 minutes after the price is displayed, the latest.
What happens to my personal data?
We do not sell your personal data. At FAIRTIQ, we care a lot about data privacy and comply with all national and international standards such as the GDPR. We also are in communication with data protection agency as well as consumer protection entities.
Here is some more information about this topic:
Our promise to you on our website
A blog article about data privacy written by our CTO
This setting uses a lot of battery. What can I do?
We measured the battery usage of FAIRTIQ on the various phone models and operating systems. On average we noted that FAIRTIQ uses around 3% per hour. The battery empties much faster if other apps/features are used alongside FAIRTIQ.