Don’t worry, FAIRTIQ uses personal data exclusively for detecting your trips and finding the right tickets. We don't sell your personal data.
What Permission settings should I enable on Android?
This answer is exclusively for Android users. For iPhone/iOS users, please refer to this page.
- Location preferences: Set to "Always allow" to make sure FAIRTIQ can track your location and detect the right trip while you are using another app (so-called "background data"). If this option doesn't exist, "Allow while using the app" is sufficient. This depends on the Android version.
- Physical activity: Set to "Allow", so that FAIRTIQ can detect footsteps and remind you to stop the trip when you have reached your destination.
- Notifications: Allow notifications, so that FAIRTIQ can send you check-out reminders as well as a price summary of your trips.
- Mobile data: Set to On, so that your mobile phone can communicate with FAIRTIQ during the trip, to guarantee a valid ticket. While travelling, FAIRTIQ typically uses 1MB of data per hour.
- Battery Saving Mode: Deactivate it when you travel with FAIRTIQ, as it stops access to your location data... Especially if you are using a Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus or Oppo.
- High accuracy: Has to be active for best possible tracking quality. See Enable Google location accuracy.
The easiest way to make sure all these permissions are enabled is to re-install the FAIRTIQ app and authorise all accesses.
So, when does FAIRTIQ access my location?
FAIRTIQ only tracks your data when the app is open or when a trip is ongoing.
- FAIRTIQ starts accessing your location when you open the app.
- FAIRTIQ stops accessing your location when the trip is finalized: 5 minutes after the price is displayed at the latest.
What happens to my personal data?
We do not sell your personal data. At FAIRTIQ, we care a lot about data privacy and comply with all national and international standards such as the GDPR. We also are in communication with data protection agencies as well as with consumer protection entities.
Here is some more information about this topic:
Our promise to you on our website
A blog article about data privacy written by our CTO.
This setting uses a lot of battery. What can I do?
We measured the battery usage of FAIRTIQ on the various phone models and operating systems. On average we noted that FAIRTIQ uses around 3% per hour. The battery empties much faster if other apps/features are used alongside FAIRTIQ.